Saturday, February 22, 2014

Leave me alone

"The one thing that keeps us out of connection is the fear we're not worthy of connection." - Brene Brown. 

Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are ...

No, it's that we're not only inadequate, but that we are a bother.

I'm tired of it.  Tired of feeling I'm the 'needy friend'.



I'm in pain.  My ducks are running off in nine different directions.  And I need someone to talk to.
But I feel like...like in some of my friendships...that I'm leaning on them too much when I need to vent, or work out a problem in my head.

That's why I was going to therapy.  Over-simplifying, paying a professional a huge amount to...listen.

It's not that I don't have much to say...it's that there's not much I really want to talk about.
 And not much that's really that interesting...news, religion, sports, family, finance, technology
it's either in a universe so foreign and distant to me,
or it's in a world of hurt and failure I call my existence.

No comments:

Post a Comment