Saturday, March 24, 2018

Abernathy


Eight years, eleven months. Then nine more months.
I've spent a quarter of my life, and half of my career working at the last building on the right, before one crosses the bridge over the Missouri River into Missouri from Leavenworth, KS.
I worked as a simulation programmer on the third floor, then we moved to the first floor. Years later, I trained as a call center representative for a bank on the first floor, then made it back to the third floor.
One of those jobs was my highest paying job. The other was my favorite job - and my shortest commute for a full time job.
But, everything changes. The contract for the war game finally expired. The bank outsourced the call center to another company in Lawrence and St. Joseph.
And now, the building has been sold.
And the new owners are going to convert the building into... Apartments.
It's yet another chapter closing, another landmark transforming.  Nothing lasts forever.
Sigh.

No comments:

Post a Comment