Saturday, October 14, 2017

Tango Whiskey Charlie

The one constant in the universe...is change.

Someone once asked...where do you see yourself in 5 years.  When I think about that question, I laugh a painful laugh.

I have no idea what things will be like in 5 years.

Going back, there has always been something changing.  The only rather stable 5-year span in my life was April 2004 to October 2010 - same job, same family size, same church, same address... and that had its own amount of chaos.

I haven't had the same job on back-to-back 4th of July since 2009-2010 working as a programmer for an Army contractor.  Since then...'11 & '12 unemployed. '13 call center from home. '14 Wal-Mart. '15 call center for a bank. '16 Home Depot. '17 unemployed.  (Now with Hallmark since the day of the eclipse)

I can argue that the two most tumultuous years in my life were 1986 (new brother, new school, new church, moved back to Leavenworth) and 2013 (new job, changed churches 3 times, moved back to Leavenworth, and other things).  Don't remember much about 1986.  But 2013...that year was...I ended that year with this on Facebook

"I started this year quoting a conversation between two characters about to go over a waterfall. And I thought things were challenging then...
This has to go down as the worst year in my life, so far. Good riddance to '13.
And yet, despite everything, more than most of y'all know, I cannot escape the truth of Romans 8:37-39."


So...where will I be in five years?  God only knows.

No comments:

Post a Comment