Saturday, February 24, 2018

Double duty

I had a day circled on my calendar. The day I'd go from (job + seasonal part time job) to (job + once a week paper route)

My full-time job is overnight stocker at a grocery store. It's the same one that my wife and daughter have worked at for several months.

My part-time job is "costumed sign waver". That job is exactly what it says on the tin.  And with the nature of the business, that job ends on-or-about April 17.

But... There's car repairs. And bills I'm getting caught up on... Slowly.

And *another* offer to be a sign waver. (Didn't see that coming)

I'm not in a position where I can, like one republic says, be not counting dollars now I'm counting stars...
I might take that offer.

I'm not sure which bothers me most
• I have a bachelor's degree in computer science and I'm stocking shelves and waving signs
• ‎I'm working 60-70 hours a week, which leaves little time with wife, children, or grandbaby
• ‎I'm working 60-70 hours a week, wife is working 50-55 hours a week, and I'm not swimming in money a la McDuck's Money Bin

No comments:

Post a Comment