Saturday, July 13, 2019

Playing ball without me

I think I've hit the point where I follow sports only to have intelligent conversation at the water cooler.

The two biggest KC games in the last year: MLS Sporting KC conference final, second leg (11/29/18, L 2-3)
NFL KC Chiefs conference final (1/20/19, L 31-37 OT)

I drove to pick up my daughter during the first game.
I watched the first half, then went to bed for the second half and overtime of the second game.

(Yeah, I should probably turn in my fan card now)

I'm already priced out of going to the stadium, buying jerseys and major merch (for the record, I have a SKC keychain... somewhere, and a Chiefs lanyard that I keep my keys on so I don't lock myself out of my car)

Part of it is the irregular schedule. I've been working 50+ hours for 18 months now. I have to make choices.

And part of it is ... (See other blog)

I'm not shaming people who enjoy major league sports or go to the stadium or buy jerseys.

I'm just saying that I don't fit.

No comments:

Post a Comment