Saturday, February 22, 2014

Membership has its responsibilities

I have joined three churches in my life.

As a child, our entire family joined a church in our hometown of Leavenworth.  This is the church I grew up in, was baptized in, and - briefly - I was a member of the choir in that church.

As a junior at Missouri Western, I joined a church in St. Joseph.  This is the church I was married in, my children were baptized in, and - briefly - I was a member of the choir in that church.
Although I no longer attend that church, I still listen to the podcasts of the sermons.

Earlier this year, after several years of very-sporadic-church-attendance, I joined a different church in St. Joseph.  I was there because of family and because our pastor has two driving motives: unity in the body of Christ, and that whole "turning the hearts of the fathers to the sons" thing in Malachi.

Then everything changed.  OK, mainly the zip code.

I'll keep you posted.

No comments:

Post a Comment