Saturday, February 28, 2015

Fill in the oval entirely

This municipal and school board election (Leavenworth, Kansas, April 2015), will be the most complicated April election I've dealt with since '05.

In '07, it was easy.  Vote for my friend for mayor, who would end up winning by three votes, put me on the council, and regret ever putting his own name on the ballot.  Small town politics were not friendly to him.

In '09, it was easy.  Vote for my friend for mayor, and vote for me for City Council.  Finished 5th in a two man race, but since five spots were open, I was on the Council.

In '11, it was easy.  Vote for my friend for mayor, and vote for me for City Council.  Finished 6th in a four man race, and since five spots were open, I was off the Council.

In '13, it was easy.  Vote for my other friend for mayor (the first friend would've declined, even if he'd been written in), and vote for me for City Council and School Board.  Even did a reddit **AMA**
Finished in distant fourth place for three seats on the school board, and a three way tie for fourth for City Council. Lost a tiebreaker draw.
This election, I know nobody on the ballot. So I'm actually voting in the character and the issues.

Wish me luck.

City Commission: six candidates for three seats.
School Board: five candidates for four seats.

No comments:

Post a Comment