Saturday, January 23, 2016

MMXVI

Welcome to 2016.

(scratch cliches)

(scratch snark)

New year, new chance to make the same changes I've known I've needed to make for a while.

New year, starting mostly better than where I was on 1-1-15.  But...there's so much I could be doing better.

Ah, the resolutions...
"Blog every weekday" - HA!
"Keep up on house & lawn maintenance" - slight improvement
"Work on my character" - sigh.  No improvement.  Surviving hell does not make a man a better man.  Neither do near-death experiences.
"Do something especially nice for my wife every week."  A nice idea, and I did one thing nice so far...long way to go on that.
"Get down to 200#"  HA!
"Walk a mile a day"  HA!  Except for when I was working last year 1.5 miles from home, and sometimes it was just easier to let my wife take the car and have me foot it to work.
"Reconnect with my faith."  Well, a little.  Not where I should be.
"Decide political goals by end of year."...what?

Yeah.  These were my goals as posted on my xanga on 1/3/2012.  And, if anyone cares, I'm up to 240# now.

Some things don't change, and it really sucks.  I want to be a better man, but I've shown myself unwilling to put in the disciplines necessary to become that better man.

Sigh.

No comments:

Post a Comment