Monday, September 26, 2016

Speak of the Devil

MM#8 If You're Going Through Hell (November 12, 2007)

Guess what.  Life sucks.  Life is a bed of roses, thorns and all.  (you don't have to say 'AMEN' that loud.)
And sometimes, we get discouraged. 
But we've got to keep going.  We're not going to get anywhere doing nothing but measuring how short the paycheck is, how screwed up the family is, or how much of a moron...never mind.
But people have come to a conclusion.  Things get better.  Not that life is a cycle of good and bad...but the rain falls on both the just and the unjust. 
And sometimes, when life has dropped a whole ton of lemons on your head, and you're either on your knees or knocked flat on your bottom...
Keep going.
"(T)here's angels everywhere out on the street
Holding out a hand to pull you back upon your feet"
It ain't over yet.

I posted that on November 12, 2007.  7 years to the day after I proposed to my now-wife.  I divide my married life into three parts.  The first seven years, the Great Tribulation, and the current era.
The 'fasten seat belts' light was on, the money was starting to get tight (although, honestly, I had no idea how bad things could get), and I was stressed.  At this point, I owned that piece-of-junk grey van...

Well I been deep down in that darkness
I been down to my last match
Felt a hundred different demons
Breathing fire down my back
And I knew that if I stumbled
I'd fall right into the trap that they were laying, Yeah
But the good news
Is there's angels everywhere out on the street
Holding out a hand to pull you back upon your feet
The one's that you been dragging for so long
You're on your knees
You might as well be praying
Guess what I'm saying
...
Yeah, If you're going through hell
Keep on moving, Face that fire
Walk right through it
You might get out
Before the devil even knows you're there

No comments:

Post a Comment