Monday, September 12, 2016

Track Skip

MM#92 Severance Day (new)

Well, when you throw the word "Severance" in a Spotify search engine, you get a bunch of songs.  This one is the one that made it onto other playlists.  And, frankly, it's a screamer.
But, for a city that I called home for 9 years, 5 months, and 5 days, it kinda fits.  From April 2004 to September 2013.

Severance, KS. population 94.  No grocery store, no post office, no churches, no cafe, no school.  Had to go out of town for any of those.
Politics was a mess - and that was a long story and a generator of many blogs.
I was lonely, isolated, and burning gas like it was going out of style.
But the water of the Wolf River flows through my veins.  I was born in Leavenworth, but I'll always be a little bit Wolf.

Call this restitute
Call this open truth
Call this my salute
Call this severance

Call this retribute
Call this misspent youth
Call this my abise
This is my severance day

My way
And it's all of my soul that i give
And it's my way

Call this non-dilute
Call this ill repute
Call this tainted fruit
Call this severance

Call this over-shoot
Call this double proof
Call this my uproot
This is my severance day

HBD, Paula

No comments:

Post a Comment