Saturday, September 14, 2013

For You are with me

I don't claim to understand everything about the faith I cling to.  About the God I worship.  About the Jesus who I read about and believe in.

But one thing I understand.
And one thing I don't understand.

I've recently used the phrase "Life is treating me like a dog treats his chew-toy."
I'm not ok.  Things are not going well.
Doghouse, this is Beagle, and I feel like I'm facing the trials of Job.

But...in all of this, God is still there.
I can feel the comfort.  I can almost feel Him there.
And He has not forsaken me.

I understand...and I don't understand...but...I know. 


Psa 37:23-24)  The steps of a good man are ordered by the Lord, And He delights in his way.
{24} Though he fall, he shall not be utterly cast down; For the Lord upholds him with His hand.
 
Rom 8:37-39)  Yet in all these things we are more than conquerors through Him who loved us. {38} For I am persuaded that neither death nor life, nor angels nor principalities nor powers, nor things present nor things to come, {39} nor height nor depth, nor any other created thing, shall be able to separate us from the love of God which is in Christ Jesus our Lord.

Hey, devil...
Do not rejoice over me, my enemy; When I fall, I will arise; When I sit in darkness, The Lord will be a light to me. - Micah 7:8

No comments:

Post a Comment