Saturday, August 24, 2013

Last one out, turn out the lights.

Once upon a time, there was a social network called Xanga.  (Ok, it's still there.)
And for a brief moment, over 100 of my fellow church members were on a Xanga Webring. Currently, there's 86 names on the webring, only three of which updated their Xanga this year.
I tried to be somebody there.  I posted on all the "ish" sites (except one), trying to become a Xangalebrity. 
Didn't work.  

Once upon a time, there was a social network called Foursquare.  (Ok, it's still there.)
And, back in its heyday, I didn't have a phone that could check in.
But, now I do, and I've got a fine functional vehicle...
And I'm the mayor of seven different locations.  (As of 8/23, subject to change)
  1. Home.  (Yeah, I made a foursquare spot for the house.)
  2. City Hall.  (See above.  I may not be mayor of Severance, but I'm the mayor of the City Hall.)
  3. Gas Station near Ivy's job.  (They also sell pizza.)
  4. Nearest WalMart.
  5. Nearest McDonald's.
  6. One of the McDonald's in St. Joseph (the one on South Belt)
  7. The church I currently attend.  (They're relocating next month.)
  8. The DAV thrift store in St. Joseph
Conclusion:  foursquare is dead.

No comments:

Post a Comment